Role: Senior Java Web Services Developer #51404403
Job No: 51404403
Type: Full Time
About The Company
Our client is a medium sized (approx 400 people) hardware & software company based in Calgary looking for a senior back end Java developer with approximately 5 or more years of experience.
About the Role
The client is looking for a senior back end developer who is passionate about solving complex problems in Java (security, privacy, performance & scaling). This team is responsible for the storage and management of data synchronization between millions of clients and thousands of devices worldwide. If you like to dig deep technically this could be a great challenge. Specifically they are looking for developers who have experience developing scalable, distributed systems using Microservices with Restful architecture. Also experience with messaging is required (Pub/Sub & Serverless environments).
For the ideal candidate Java should be your core strength but there is an opportunity in the future to learn new technologies as your experience with the current code base improves. The ideal candidate should enjoy not only working on new functionality but also improving the existing code base. You should enjoy working in small teams (with some people being remote) and you should feel comfortable being a technical lead for the team. You should be comfortable explaining complex technical issues to members outside of your team. If you enjoy working with people who are passionate about their work, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to learn independently and research solutions to problems with little help
- Previous experience being a mentor/team lead to other developers in your team
- Experience creating Web Services using RESTful
- Understanding of scalable distributed systems and Serverless Pub/Sub messaging
- Understanding the security and privacy of data
- Cloud experience preferably AWS, Google Cloud and Google Firebase
Great Role If
- You already have multiple years of production experience with Java and you are looking to be pushed technically around areas of architecture, security & performance
- You are looking for a company who offers great future growth in terms of career and technical learning – moving/changing teams
- You already have a strong understanding of RESTful and have experience creating and modifying End Points.
Be aware that the initial interview consists of a behavioral interview and a Java technical assessment. Having source code publicly available (GitHub for example) that demonstrates your Java skills in the above areas would be of great benefit. Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please remember to include the Job Number on the subject line of your e-mail). Only candidates that already have work permits to work in Canada and are willing to relocate to Calgary, Alberta should apply. Thank you in advance for your time.