Role: Senior Backend Node.js developers with data experience #89347819
Job Number: 89347819
Type: Full Time
About The Company
Our small sized (approx. 12 people) Oil and Gas software client in Calgary is looking to expand their development team by hiring 5 people (2 backend and 3 frontend). Core to this backend role is strong production experience developing with Node and also having experience importing/manipulating large datasets.
For this role the client is looking for someone who has multiple years production experience and by being senior has made their share of good and bad architectural software decisions. This role is heavily based around different data sources so being comfortable importing and cleaning datasets is important.
This company did not have to make any redundancies or salary reductions during the Covid-19 pandemic. Currently due to the pandemic they are working remotely but once the team decide to return to in person, everyone will be working in the Calgary downtown office full time.
Skills / Requirements
- Multiple years of back end architecture experience using Node.js is a must.
- Large datasets with experience importing, manipulating, filtering and of course understanding performance.
- Having PostgreSQL experience would be beneficial.
- As a senior developer you understand the importance of knowing how the data is going to be interpreted.
- Experience working with small companies would be beneficial.
- As a senior developer you require very little guidance when it comes to understanding requirements and building out a new feature.
- Prior experience working with remote sensors that constantly send data would be a nice to have experience.
You Are Right For This Role If
- You have previous experience working in production with Node.js.
- You are happy to work with the business and other developers to release new tools and features. You must be comfortable offering technical insight and thoughts around new features and potential issues.
- The idea of working with small business helping both yourself, your team and the company around you grow and expand is a personal goal.
- You enjoy learning new coding tricks and look to constantly evolve your understanding of software development.
- You want the challenge that comes with using large datasets.
- This role is a purely technical software development role so the idea of management does not appeal.
Please be aware that along with the behavioural interview there will also be a short technical assessment. For candidates who are interested please include with your resume any details of recent Node.js applications that you have completed during the last 12 months. This information can be sent by email to email@example.com (please remember to include the Job Number on the subject line of your e-mail). The interview will be held remotely and for candidates who are accepted they can then meet in person. Only candidates who are legally allowed to work in Canada and can attend interviews in person in Calgary should apply.
Thank you in advance for your time.