Role: Web Services Java Developer #21047683
Job No: 21047683
Type: Full Time
About The Company
Our client is a medium sized (approx 400 people) hardware & software company based in Calgary. The client is looking for a back end developer who is passionate about solving complex problems in Java (security, privacy, performance & scaling). This team is responsible for the core back end technical offering so if you like to dig deep technically this could be a great challenge. Specifically they are looking for developers that specialise and are passionate about Web Services using Java and RESTful.
This is a great opportunity for developers from all different levels from fresh graduates who want to learn/absorb and developers with experience. The ideal candidate should enjoy not only working on new functionality but also improving the existing code base. You should also enjoy working in small teams and feel comfortable explaining complex technical issues to members outside of your team. NoSQL database experience and working in cloud environments though not critical would be a nice to have skill. If you enjoy working with people who are passionate about their work, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Java
- Ability to learn independently and research solutions to problems with little help
- Experience creating Web Services using RESTful (if possible an SOA model)
- Understanding security and privacy of data
- Comfortable using NoSQL database (Google Cloud Datastore) would be a nice to have skill
Great Role If
- You are a fresh graduate who can demonstrate their prior work with Java in personal projects/open source projects OR you already have production experience with Java and you are looking to be pushed technically around areas of architecture, security & performance
- You are looking for a company who offers great future growth in terms of career and technical learning – moving/changing teams
- You already have a strong understanding of RESTful and have experience creating and modifying End Points
Be aware that the initial interview consists of a behavioural interview and a Java technical assessment that will be held in Calgary. Having source code publicly available (GitHub for example) that demonstrates your Java skills in the above areas would be of great benefit especially for fresh graduates. Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please remember to include the Job Number on the subject line of your e-mail). Only candidates that already have work permits to work in Canada and are able to attend an interview in Calgary, Alberta should apply. Thank you in advance for your time.