Role: Back End Developer with Node.js Experience #68126979
Job Number: 68126979
Type: Full Time
About The Company
Our small sized (approx 8 people) software client in Calgary is looking to expand their development team. They are looking to hire a back end Node developer who can help them improve their dashboard product, billing and other business functions. They currently have remote contractors working on the front end so they require people with technical management experience along with back end development skills to help build out their product.
For this role the client is looking for a person with approximately 5 years of back end software development experience including time building Node.js production applications.
Skills / Requirements
- Previous back end architecture experience using Node.js is a must. Experience with SOA/Microservices is required.
- Relational Database experience preferably PostgreSQL.
- Experience building React.js apps would be beneficial but not essential.
- Happy taking on technical problems that may not be part of your every day work.
- Strong computer science background is required – minimum with a degree in Computer Science.
- Serverless experience with Firebase would be a nice to have.
You Are Right For This Role If
- You have previous experience working in production with Node.js.
- You are happy to work under a CTO building and scaling products – you are comfortable offering technical insight and thoughts around new features and possible issues.
- The idea of working with small business helping both yourself, your team and the company around you grow and expand is a personal goal. You are comfortable jumping into a problem solving exercise that might not be in your technical area.
- You are happy working both remote and in office in Calgary – you just want to get the work done and exceed expectations.
Please be aware that along with the behavioural interview there will also be a technical assessment that will be held in Calgary, Alberta. For candidates who are interested it would be of benefit if you included with your resume any details of recent Node.js applications that you have completed during the last 12 months. This information can be sent by email to email@example.com (please remember to include the Job Number on the subject line of your e-mail). Only candidates who are legally allowed to work in Canada and can attend interviews in person in Calgary should apply. Thank you in advance for your time.